Hello my little sweet.
I can't believe we've already spent so much time together! By the way, you have been making me feel very sick all day every day. I did have 1 week of relief, when I joined Dad in Hawaii. He was there for work, so I found a flight for a good price and went to see him and the ocean. I was able to sleep long hours each night, take naps during the day, enjoy delicious food, go snorkeling, and swim in the ocean. We'll take you there someday when you can enjoy it. One thing that was kind of weird - nearly the whole time I was in Hawaii I didn't feel sick. By the time I landed back home, I knew that the sickness wasn't over. These past few days have been some of the worst. I have a hard time sitting at work all day, though I don't know what I would do if I spent my time at home instead. They say that morning sickness goes away after week 12 for most people. Let's hope that's the same for us! If not, that's ok. I will still love you.
This morning as I listened to my Pandora station (I wonder if it will still exist when you read this?), I heard a lullaby called "Baby Mine" by Allison Krauss. Obviously I thought of you, and how much love I have for you even though I haven't met you and you are nearly the size of a lime. Here are the lyrics:
Baby mine, don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head close to my heart,
never to part, baby of mine.
Little one when you play,
don't you mind what they say.
Let those eyes sparkle and shine,
never a tear, baby of mine.
If they knew sweet little you
they'd end up loving you too.
All of those people who scold you
what they'd give just for the right to hold you.
From your head down to your toes,
you're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
sweet as can be, baby of mine.
If they knew sweet little you,
they'd end up loving you too.
All those same people who scold you,
what they'd give just for the right to hold you.
From your head down to your toes
you're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
sweet as can be, baby of mine.
Baby of mine.
I read on the Internet that you are just over 1 1/2 inches long and are now almost fully formed. Your hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under your gums, and some of your bones are beginning to harden. You're already busy kicking and stretching, and your tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as your body grows and becomes more developed and functional. I won't feel your acrobatics for another month or two — nor will I notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that your diaphragm is forming.
We have less than 75% left of this precious time together, and I will enjoy every minute of it despite my discomforts. You are worth it to me.
All my love,Mama