My Dearest Little Dage,
You are growing into the most handsome young man, and it breaks my heart to see you growing up so fast. Dad and I divorced just over a year ago, and I feel like it's made you grow up faster than you might have otherwise. You are a resilient and fantastic little boy.
Ember can drive you crazy, but I see the love you have for each other in the majority of your interactions. You love to teach her new things, and encourage her when she needs a little support. You are the most amazing big brother, even when you're not getting along.
Academically, you're learning quickly and have caught on to addition and subtraction already! You've been learning to write letters (and have been writing your name for nearly a year) and I think you'll be reading before the end of this year. You'll start kindergarten this fall, and my old Mama heart isn't quite ready for that.
You're still an active young chap. You love to be the fastest and the best at everything, which is useful motivation when I need you to do something a little quicker. ("Can you beat me at getting your seat belt on?") Dad and I have been talking about getting you into some sort of extracurricular class, like gymnastics. Whatever you do, I know you'll excel at it.
I love you more than words can describe.
All my love,
Mama